Responsible for all operational activities in the sterile processing department as well as managing all SPD staff
- Oversees the sterile processing department to ensure that sterilization practices are maintained according to AORN and AAMI standards and sterilization processes are properly documented. Submits data for quality reporting
- Responsible for ensuring biohazard material is managed by employees according to acceptable infection control standards and is packaged and properly prepared for pick-up, according to Stericycle’s guidelines
- Effectively manages various personnel actions including, but not limited to, supervising, coaching, mentoring, hiring, orienting, counseling, and evaluation of staff for determination of merit increases, promotions and manages staffing hours and vacation schedules; coordinates a program of continual education and training for staff
- Responsible for identifying employee strengths and utilizing those strengths for the purpose of employee growth. Provide in-service training to employees to help develop knowledge/skill levels
- Monitors the efficiency and productivity of the staff
- Completes annual mandatory educational programs, such as, Violence in the Workplace, Child and Elder Abuse, Infection Control/bloodborne Pathogen, Emergency Preparedness and Pain Management, Attends facility in-services
- If requested, takes responsibility to chair one or more committees, or serve as a participant on a committee
- Creates and/or revises internal policies and procedures for the Sterile Processing Department
We will only consider candidates who meet the requirements below:
- SPD certified
- 3-5 years recent SPD experience
- 3-5 years recent Management experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ASC experience
OPERATING ROOM RN – PRN
The Registered Nurse, as a professional practitioner, assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care. The Registered Nurse demonstrates his/her ability to make clinical judgments in an efficient and effective manner, without supervision. He/she demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of patient care and consistently performs according to the standards of the profession. He/she assumes ultimate responsibility and accountability in managing his/her patient care and in assisting others in the management/delivery of patient care.
- The Registered Nurse serves as a provider of care for a caseload of patients utilizing the nursing process in collaboration with other members of the health care team.
- Delivers personalized comprehensive perioperative care to patients through the nursing process.
- Accountable for providing leadership to non-licensed staff for optimum patient outcomes.
- Ensures documentation of all aspects of care as per Andrews Institute and unit guidelines; demonstrating excellent technical skills and judgment.
- Ensures that proper techniques and practices are used according to accepted standards of practice.
- Promotes the corporate philosophy of service of excellence by effectively relating with patients, their families, visitors, nursing staff members and members of other disciplines and departments.
- Creates a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction of personnel.
- Demonstrates self-direction and professionalism by identifying areas of needed professional developmental skill and participating in educational activities.
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for his/her scheduled work days with minimal absences; performs competently in new situations.
- Performs all circulating duties with efficiency in a timely manner; supplying appropriate supplies and equipment needed for procedures.
- Identifies patient, checks name, date of birth, site verification.
- Supervises and assists scrub nurse as necessary.
- Positions patient, prepares operative area, and adjusts table to proper position according to standard policies.
- Has supplies and equipment in room and provides to team as necessary.
- Opens all sterile packs and supplies according to sterile technique.
- Assists surgeons, anesthesiologists, and other personnel as needed to ensure good patient care.
- Observes patient for changes in condition.
- Reviews surgeon’s preference cards/paper for desired medications and verifies same with surgeon.
- Ensures all medication are administered and charted according to policy and procedure.
- Cares for specimens and cultures as directed by policies and procedures.
- Maintains records of procedure and reports any unusual occurrences.
- Provides orderly progression of surgical schedule and notifies charge nurse of any changes.
- Accompanies patient to PACU and reports to nurse on patient, procedure, and special happenings to ensure continuity of care.
- Performs scrub duties with efficiency and to keep current.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Assists in the supervision of personnel and department to provide optimum assurance of a safe environment.
- Checks rooms, material, and equipment for proper care handling.
- Ensures clean, safe environment through continued alertness to safety and explosive hazards and aseptic techniques.
- Coordinates with material manager to maintain high standards and quality in the materials used.
- Assists in control of traffic and personnel to ensure proper control of infection and asepsis.
- Participates in operating room staff development and education, orientation of new personnel.
- Avails his or herself in the ongoing nursing education process of the center.
- Reviews pertinent periodicals, scientific and medical, and related materials.
- Attends mandatory in house education programs.
- Completes annual mandatory educational programs, such as, Violence in the Workplace, Child and Elder Abuse, Infection Control/bloodborne Pathogen, Emergency Preparedness and Pain Management, Attends facility in-services.
- If requested, takes responsibility to chair one or more committees, or serve as a participant on a committee.
We will only consider candidates who meets the requirements below:
- Active Florida RN license
- CPR, ACLS and PALS Certification
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years Orthopedic Circulating experience in ASC or Acute Care Setting.
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN
The Sterile Processing Technician works under the direction of the Sterile Processing/Materials Manager. The Sterile Processing Technician maintains the cleanliness and integrity of instrumentation and supplies required for use in the operating room. The Sterile Processing Technician collaborates with the operating room staff to ensure the availability and sterility of instrumentation to meet the requirements of posted surgical cases.
- Under the direction of the Sterile Processing Technician, properly sterilizes and prepares surgical instruments for all cases at the scheduled surgery times.
- Operates sterilizers, cleans them, records temperature, pressure and records time of test loads.
- Updates surgical instrument tray lists.
- Initiates repairs on surgical instruments, as needed.
- Rotates sterile supplies regularly, and maintains quality standards in the instrument room.
- Practices Infection Control and Universal Precautions, as per policy.
- Restocks Operating Rooms after late cases, as needed.
- Maintains all sterilization logs.
We will only consider candidates who meets the requirements below:
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Sterile Processing Certification preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Sterile Processing Technician in ASC or acute care-setting
Only qualified applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter with salary requirements in Word format to Deb Stock (firstname.lastname@example.org).