Surgical Scrub Tech
The OR Scrub Technician utilizes surgical knowledge and training to provide accurate and efficient instrumentation in an aseptic environment under the supervision of a Charge Nurse Manager.
- Under the direction of the Charge Nurse/Nurse Manager, functions as a member of the surgical team to provide quality medical care.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon collaborating with members of the surgical team to ensure the availability of adequate supplies, instrumentation, and equipment prior to the patient entering the OR Suite.
- Assists the Surgeon at the sterile field maintaining strict aseptic technique. Identifies, reports, and corrects breaks in aseptic technique.
- Utilizes “Time Out” to verify patient name and site of surgery prior to start of procedure.
- Demonstrates ability to open sterile supplies and move contents to sterile field properly.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of all Operating Room equipment.
- Demonstrates competency in scrubbing duties in all specialties.
- Appropriately manages the decontamination process of instruments/equipment at end of procedure utilizing PPE.
- Assists in the turn over of the rooms in order to maintain an efficient surgical schedule.
- Restocks supplies, damp dusts equipment, shelving, carts as directed by OR Charge Nurse.
- Completes annual mandatory educational programs, such as, Violence in the Workplace, Child and Elder Abuse, Infection Control/bloodborne Pathogen, Emergency Preparedness and Pain Management, Attends facility in-services.
- If requested, takes responsibility to chair one or more committees, or serve as a participant on a committee.
- High School Graduate
- Graduation from an accredited Surgical Technician program preferred.
- Surgical Technician Certification preferred.
- BLS certification required.
- Ability to follow instructions from nurses and/or doctors.
- Willingness to work with attention to detail with the realization that errors may have serious consequences.
- Verbal/written communication skills necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to reason and make judgments
- Computer literate
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Work is of medium physical demand.
- Walking and standing 80% of work time. Sitting 20% of work time.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry, and raise from one level to another objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Ability to assist in moving patients with assistance.
- Ability to stoop, bend at the knees and waist-downward and forward.
- Frequent reaching and extending hands and arms in any direction.
- Handling, holding, fingering, grasping, and turning objects regularly.
- Perceiving through feel, attributes of objects such as size, temperature, shape.
- Hear/speak adequately to communicate effectively with staff and vendors.
Visual acuity to be able to read instructions and orders.
Only qualified applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter with salary requirements in Word format to Kathleen Farrell (email@example.com).