Dr. Gregory Hickman is the Medical Director and Anesthesia Director at the Andrews Institute Ambulatory Surgery Center. He is a board-licensed anesthesiologist, licensed in the states of Alabama, Tennessee, and Florida. He is certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology and the American Academy of Pain Management. He belongs to the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the American Society of Regional Anesthesia, and the American Academy of Pain Management. Dr. Hickman and Dr. Winchester are co-founders of the popular ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia education website www.blockjocks.com which teaches doctors, nurses, and patients around the world. Dr. Hickman has been working closely with Dr. Andrews for over 25 years and was involved with the planning and opening of the Andrews Institute ASC in 2007.
“Enhancing post-operative pain management has been a career-long pursuit of mine, stemming from my personal experience with painful back-to-back surgeries as a young college student. As part of this commitment, I have strived to stay ahead of the latest cutting-edge pain management treatments to bring my patients faster, better ways to recover from their surgeries and return to the activities they love.” – Dr. Gregory Hickman
- Regional Anesthesia & Acute Pain Medicine
- College: University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy, Memphis, TN
- Medical School: East Tennessee State Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City , TN
- Internship: Internal Medicine – Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Anesthesiology – University of Alabama, Birmingham (UAB)
- Faculty: University of Alabama, Birmingham 1990-1991