DIRECTOR OF NURSING
The Director of Nursing directs, coordinates and controls the multi-disciplinary activities for patients undergoing surgical intervention in a safe environment. Responsible for the interpretation, direction and evaluation of nursing practice to promote safe, efficient and therapeutically effective nursing care throughout the Center. Demonstrates the primary goal of providing surgical services that exceed customer expectations and improve clinical and financial operations.
- a) Collaborates with physicians, consultants, community agencies, and institutions to improve the quality of services and to resolve identified problems
- b) Participates in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities
- c) Develops, maintains, and implements nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- d) Recommends short- and long-term goals for the facility to the management company and governing body
- e) Recommends action plan for attaining goals approved by the management company/governing body
- f) Maintains facility and equipment to ensure cleanliness, sterility, and operational ability at all times
- g) Monitors the environment of care, including temperature, cleanliness, sterility, operational ability, ventilation, lighting, etc.
- h) Evaluates need for new/different items relative to competitive trends and needs of the community and facility
- i) Works with Administrator to coordinate facility’s arrangements with contracted service providers (e.g., pathology, radiology, housekeeping)
- j) Maintains liaisons with professional ASC associations and incorporates new concepts into appropriate facility procedures
- k) Proactively develops positive employee relations, incentives, and recognition programs. Promotes teamwork, mutual respect, and effective communication
- l) Participates in budget development for all clinical departments
- m) Participates in the recruitment and selection of clinical personnel
- n) Administers annual performance reviews for all clinical employees along with Department Manager
- o) Oversees and contributes to the employees’ orientation and mandatory education program
- p) Directs in-service education programs with regards to purpose, content, and need; ensures staff attendance
- q) Remains current on all applicable state and federal laws, rules and regulations, and professional and accrediting-body standards
- r) Submits required reports on a timely basis
- s) Develops, interprets, and implements policies, procedures, regulations, programs, and recommended practices to meet requirements of regulatory and accrediting organizations
- t) Reviews policies/procedures to ensure continued compliance with state, federal, and accrediting-body rules, regulations, and standards
We will only consider candidates who meets the requirements below:
- 10 years recent Healthcare Management Experience
- 10 nursing management experience
- 5 years ASC experience (preferred)
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Masters Degree (preferred)
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT/PROCESS IMPROVEMENT/INFECTION CONTROL COORDINATOR
Contributes to the fulfillment of the organization’s mission and philosophy by assisting in the implementation of the performance-improvement program. Responsible for the progress and maintenance of organization-wide performance-improvement programs, policies, and procedures. Works with the risk manager in integrating performance-improvement and risk-management.
We will only consider candidates who meets the requirements below:
- Active RN License
- CAPA certification preferred
- CAIP certification preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years experience – Continuous Quality Improvement
- 5 years experience – Performance Improvement
- 5 years experience – Infection Control
This individual will manage all aspects of HR, including recruitment/selection, compensation, payroll, benefit administration, negotiating contracts, employee relations, performance management and management training.
- Professional competence
a) Participates in continuing education and other learning experiences
b) Shares knowledge gained in continuing education with staff
c) Maintains membership in relevant professional organizations
d) Seeks new learning experiences by accepting challenging opportunities and responsibilities
e) Welcomes suggestions and recommendations
a) Organizes and maintains payroll and employee records to maintain compliance with federal and state rules and regulations
b) Reviews time cards and payroll verification forms for accuracy and compliance with facility policies
c) Maintains records regarding vacation, sick leave, etc.
d) Works with third party vendor to ensure payroll is completed in accordance with pay schedule.
e) Ensures timely deposits of payroll taxes
- Performance-improvement program
a) Contributes to the progress and development of the organization’s adopted performance improvement program
b) Performs according to established performance-improvement policies and procedures
a) Negotiates all insurance contracts to obtain the best benefit package for employees at the most advantageous cost for the surgery center.
b) Administers all benefits to new hires.
c) Facilitates open enrollment annually.
a) Oversees the recruitment and selection process to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
b) Works directly with Administrator to determine staffing plans for each department
- Employee relations
a) Conducts all investigations for all employee relation issues
b) Determines appropriate disciplinary action to be taken
a) Develop compensation structure for each position and make recommendations to the Administrator.
b) Administer compensation to ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
c) Annually conducting benchmarking survey.
- Financial practices
a) Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices
b) Reports wasteful practices
c) Analyzes work area and makes recommendations for potential cost-effective improvements
d) Maintains appropriate and accurate accounts-payable financial records
e) Ensures that financial transactions follow generally accepted accounting principles and facility policy
f) Serves as a positive liaison with all vendors
- Employee files
a) Oversees employee files maintenance to ensure maintained as required by law
b) Monitors employee files for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with federal and state rules and regulations
c) Maintains security and confidentiality of employee files
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred)
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of HR experience in healthcare setting (preferred)
Only qualified applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter with salary requirements in Word format to Deb Stock (firstname.lastname@example.org).