The OR Scrub Technician utilizes surgical knowledge and training to provide accurate and efficient instrumentation in an aseptic environment under the supervision of a Charge Nurse Manager.
- Under the direction of the Charge Nurse/Nurse Manager, functions as a member of the surgical team to provide quality medical care.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon collaborating with members of the surgical team to ensure the availability of adequate supplies, instrumentation, and equipment prior to the patient entering the OR Suite.
- Assists the Surgeon at the sterile field maintaining strict aseptic technique. Identifies, reports, and corrects breaks in aseptic technique.
- Utilizes “Time Out” to verify patient name and site of surgery prior to start of procedure.
- Demonstrates ability to open sterile supplies and move contents to sterile field properly.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of all Operating Room equipment.
- Demonstrates competency in scrubbing duties in all specialties.
- Appropriately manages the decontamination process of instruments/equipment at end of procedure utilizing PPE.
- Assists in the turnover of the rooms in order to maintain an efficient surgical schedule.
- Restocks supplies, damp dusts equipment, shelving, carts as directed by OR Charge Nurse.
- Completes annual mandatory educational programs, such as, Violence in the Workplace, Child and Elder Abuse, Infection Control/bloodborne Pathogen, Emergency Preparedness and Pain Management, Attends facility in-services.
- If requested, takes responsibility to chair one or more committees, or serve as a participant on a committee.
We will only consider candidates who meets the requirements below:
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Scrub Tech Certification preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years Orthopedic Scrub Tech experience in ASC or acute care-setting
Only qualified applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter with salary requirements in Word format.